Mental Health Skill-Building Services
ATTENTION! Beginning in January 2016 Blake Educational Center & Home Health Agency will offer Mental Health Skill-Building Services. A qualified mental health professional is assigned to individuals meeting eligibility criteria described by Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
HAVE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! WE CAN HELP YOU!!
- RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH A MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER
- RECENTLY RELEASED FROM OR CURRENTLY IN A RESIDENTIAL FACILITY, PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, RESIDENTIAL CRISIS STABILIZATION FACILITY
- RECEIVED A TDO DUE TO MENTAL ILLNESS
- KNOW SOMEONE STRUGGLING WITH MENTAL ILLNESS
What are Mental Health Skill-Building Services?
- Individualized training to enable individuals to achieve and maintain community stability and independence in the most appropriate, least restrictive environment
Who qualifies for this services?
- Individuals must: have a need for individualized training in acquiring basic living skills such as symptom management; adherence to psychiatric and medication treatment plans; development and appropriate use of social skills and personal support system; or money management.
- Have a qualifying mental health diagnosis (psychotic disorder, major depressive disorder- recurrent, or bipolar disorder I or II). Note: If an individual has another disorder, it will qualify if a physician determines; it is a serious mental illness, it results in severe and recurrent disability that produces limitations in major life activities, and the individual requires individualized training in order to achieve or maintain independent living in the community.
- Have a prior history of qualifying mental health treatment such as; psychiatric hospitalization, residential treatment; residential crisis stabilization; PACT or ICT services; RTC-Level C placement; a TDO evaluation due to mental health decompensation.
- Be 18 yrs and older AND Have full MEDICAID coverage.
Who will provide the service?
- Individuals in the program will be paired with a compatible Qualified Mental Health Professional for personal (one-on-one) and occasional group sessions for specific training targeting goals and objectives outlined in the participants Person Centered Individualized Service Plan. Along with our team of professionals who will help you develop a plan of care specifically targeting your needs and TOGETHER we will start you on the road to improved emotional, physical and mental health!
How do you apply?
- Call our office today for a FREE In-Home assessment. To request someone to contact you click here.